Unit 7 DB: Your Financial Literacy (CTC101)
After viewing the resources provided, discuss your level of financial literacy with regard to investing in your education and personal goals.
- What simple steps do you take to create a financial plan?
- How important is retirement savings to your long-term personal goals?
- Explain how poor financial literacy can affect your current or future career aspirations in a business-related field.
Unit 7 DB: The view points inward (ENG130)
Yousafzai, Dickinson, and Ragab all incorporate unique perspectives in their words. In what perspective does the world see you? In what perspective do you see yourself? It is important for you to develop an honest and unique perspective of yourself as you continue your journey through school, and through career changes or advancements. Use this discussion board to gain some insight on how to present yourself to others.
Initial Response: Choose one of the following interview questions from Indeed.com and respond to the question in two well-developed paragraphs(five or more sentences each). In your response be professional, academic, and honest.
- What motivates you?
- What are you passionate about?
- What makes you unique?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- In what areas would you like to improve?
- How would others describe you?
Unit 7 DB: Your Revision Process (ENG110)
Revision is an important part of the writing process. Once you have a draft of your essay, you can then begin editing and revising. When you revise, you might add more details, remove unnecessary words, or fix the run-on sentences. These are just a few examples of how you can revise your work.
Initial Response: For your initial post, please select one part of your essay that you are currently working on that you think needs to be revised. Share 3–5 sentences from that part of your essay in this discussion. Your classmates will offer suggestions on how to revise this selection. Please consider the below bullet points when you create your initial post:
- Why did you pick this part of your essay to revise?
- What did you like about the selection you are sharing?
- Finally, ask one question about the revision of this part of your essay that you would like the class and your instructor to answer.