The Paradox of Religion
1. Review the material posted under Unit 1 (Google Classroom).
2. Read John Bowker’s article “The Paradox of Religions”.
3. Answer the following questions:
– Bowker says “religions are such bad news only because they are such good news”. He calls this “The Paradox of Religions”. According to Bowker, what creates this paradox?
(Your arguments and reasoning should be based on Bowker’s article. Strive to draw a comprehensive/holistic picture of Bowker’s approach to the issue.)
– In the article, he discusses whether Religion is man-made; explain his position on this issue. According to your understanding, would Marx agree?
(Assume that the reader has no preconception about Bowker’s or Marx’s perspective / approach.)
Times Roman, 12, Sources = Classroom, (If you decide to use additional sources =Oxford/MLA/Harvard), MAX 2 pages.