Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross-reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Sizer, F., & Whitney, E. N. (2020).
Proteins help your muscles to contract, your blood to clot, and your eyes to see. They keep you alive and well by facilitating chemical reactions and defending against infections. The word proteins mean “of prime importance.” Does that mean proteins deserve top billing in your diet as well? Foods supply vitamins to support all that you are and all that you do – they come from hundreds of foods delivering more than a dozen vitamins that participate in thousands of activities throughout your body.
After studying Module 6: Lecture Materials & Resources, answer the following:
- Do you think you should eat more/less/the same amount of protein? (based on the recommended protein daily intake for your gender/age)
- What type of protein do you eat most often?
- What protein options are available for vegetarians?
- Is a vegetarian diet healthier? If yes, why? If no, why?
- Your initial post should be at least 200 words, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources