Watch this video.
This video documents the story of Kim Mosher, a Duluth, MN mother of three and victim of domestic violence. It gives a real-life examination of the impact domestic violence can have within a family.
In a 1-2 page Microsoft Word document, include the following:
- Describe Kim Mosher’s family and their situation.
- The video discusses two underlying factors related to the cause of domestic violence: patriarchal values of our culture and individual socioeconomic and/or psychological factors. Explain each factor, giving specific examples to detail your explanation. Which cause applies to the case of Josh and Kim Mosher? Explain your answer.
- How has domestic violence affected each member of the Mosher family? What long-term effects might Kim see in herself and in her children?
- Describe the pattern of abusive behavior that Josh cycles through with Kim.
- Which theory of behavior would you use to best analyze the Mosher case of domestic violence? Why?
- Which theory of behavior would you use to best analyze Kim’s behavior and decision at the end of the video? Why?
- As a Human Services professional, how can you help Kim once she has left the shelter and found a place to live? Give specific resources that Kim and her family could utilize as they start over in a new home.