Short Essay Questions: Respond to each question keeping your response between 5 to 7 sentences. Points may be deducted for exceeding maximum length specified. Please single-space your responses.
1) Discuss the various physical changes that adolescence brings that might make focusing on academics a challenge for some high school students.
2) Describe the four identity statuses proposed by Marcia by giving an example of high school student behaviors characteristic of each status.
3) How do the thought processes used by young adults in college differ from those that guide high school students cognition?
4) Describe how changes in cognitive competence and abilities in middle and later adulthood would affect the learning ability of adults who return to school?
5) Why would an understanding of the older adults quest for ego integrity help to explain the increasing rates of mature students enrollment in lifelong learning?