You just got a job as a manager with a start-up company. As a manager, you are responsible for contributing to the creation and establishment of the compensation system. You will work with the human resources staff to provide your expertise about job responsibilities for different positions within your supervisory responsibility.
When designing your compensation plan, which would you pay more attention to: expectancy theory or equity theory? Be sure to include the reason why in your response. Your analysis but be 200 words or less.
Use the Expectancy Theory & Compensation figure (10.1) form your text to help you complete your response.
Task: In order to complete this assignment you will execute the following.
For this assignment you are asked to discuss how you would handle the following scenario
· You work in a fast-food restaurant, and your employer asks you to stay until closing on many nights. You do not get home until midnight and must get up for school by 6 a.m. the next day. You are very tired at school and work. Yesterday, another employee at work was tired and, in a hurry to go home. Because of this, he did not let the hot oil cool down enough before removing it, and he was burned. Other coworkers are also concerned about the hours they are asked to work.
Develop an answer for each of the following questions:
1. What is the safety hazard in this situation?
2. Who should you talk to about this situation?
3. Are there any laws that would protect you in this situation? List at least 2.
4. List at least three options for handling this situation.
5. What do you think is the best option?
6. Who else might help you deal with this safety or health concern?