Answer the following questions in detail:
- Describe ways in which each of the following can be separately preserved on a long- term basis so that the evidence can be used in a criminal trial: Biological evidence, trace evidence, other direct evidence.
- Describe a scenario in which a crime scene investigator may have a conflict of interest in recovering evidence from a scene. Discuss options for the investigator in handling the conflict of interest (besides removing themselves from the scene).
- Identify a crime news story and discuss ways in which the news media coverage impacted the public perception of the crime. Also discuss whether the media coverage had a positive impact on the case, or if the coverage had a negative impact on the case and how and why?
- Discuss potential impacts of social media coverage of a crime scene and the consequences of such on the action of crime scene investigators.
- Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.