Ethical Dilemmas for Cybersecurity Experts
Writing a business report analysing complex issues and challenges demonstrates communication skills as well as critical, analytical and integrative thinking. Being able to communicate clearly in writing and reflect on what you have learned is a skill that is valuable for your future as you navigate the complexities of technology and the associated ethical dilemmas.
The aim of this assessment task is to write a business report that investigates and analyses the issues relating to the ethical dilemmas faced by cybersecurity practitioners by reading and analysing relevant scholarly articles, using contemporary examples and providing a personal reflection.
1. Download the Conference Proceedings of the 8th Australian Institute of Computer Ethics Conference (available here: https://auscomputerethics.files.wordpress.com/2020/02/aice-proceedings-2019-final.pdf. Select one of the conference papers that interest you. The paper you select should have relevance to ethics and cybersecurity.
2. Read the ACM Code of Ethics (the booklet is available here: https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/about/acm-code-of-ethicsbooklet.pdf)
3. Search for additional articles that are relevant to addressing the issues relating to the specific topics discussed in the selected conference paper.
4. Address the following questions in your report:
a. Explain the ethical dilemma(s) in your selected article. Your explanation should include the business/technology nexus and how emerging technologies underpin the digital economy.
b. Evaluate the specific cybersecurity ethical issues and challenges in your selected conference paper.
c. How can COBIT 2019 support an appropriate organisational cyber ethics approach in the context of the issues raised in your selected article?
d. To what extent does the ACM Code of Ethics provide guidance for dealing with cyber ethics in the context of the issues raised in your selected article?
e. Reflect on an appropriate organisational response to dealing with cybersecurity ethical dilemmas (bearing in mind that cyber security is dynamic).
1. Write a report that addresses the areas outlined above. The report should not exceed 5,000 words (between 10 and 12 pages depending on the Font style selected). This excludes the reference list, title page, table of contents and appendices – if applicable. The report should be in 12-point Font, single spaced in word processing software such as Microsoft Word. The report should have appropriate headings and subheadings (including an introduction and conclusion).
2. This report must use scholarly articles to support any claims you make. You must use the Harvard referencing style
. 3. Review the marking rubric so that you understand how you will receive feedback.