Select a scenario from the list below:
- There is a species of fish (with low numbers) that is having trouble traveling up and down the river because of a dam.
- Chose an area that is economically depressed but has a lot of species diversity, you need to protect the species while providing jobs for locals.
- An animal is being poached for its horn which is believed in some cultures to cure many diseases, it is not critically endangered.
- The demand for farming is increasing, which is destroying native forests and affecting their biodiversity.
- An animal is starting to become isolated because it is afraid to cross roads created by deforestation.
- Local birds typically migrate over the winter, but people are feeding them and thermal pollution at a local stream is keeping the water warmer the birds are not migrating, resulting in water pollution.
- A drought has been going on for a period of time; the water needed for homes, businesses, and farms has decreased lake and river levels impacting the amount available for local flora and fauna.
- Species are being found dead on local beaches due to plastic.
Use the textbook and/or info-graphic under Class Resources to find the best resource management practice to implement.
Create a pamphlet addressing the following:
- What is the issue and why it would work
- Describe the restoration method you selected and why it would be best (with at least 2 examples of how it has worked in similar situations from peer reviewed sources)
- Time frame to complete the plan (include short and long term objectives)
- What is the end goal of the restoration project
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.